- About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Types of Positions
- Chat Times
- Majors Recruited
- Work Authorization
- Website and Contact Info
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT-enabled, infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata Group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has a global footprint and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
Click Images below to review our videos.
Number of Employees: 300,000+ globally
Number of College Hires Expected: 300
Annual Revenue: $13.442 million FY2014. More than 50% of total revenues are generated in North America
Expected Growth Rate: 20 – 30% annual growth
Number of Domestic Locations: 35
Number of International Locations: 142
Products and Services
TCS offers a consulting led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT-enabled services delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. The following is a comprehensive list of offerings:
- IT Services
- IT Infrastructure Services
- Enterprise Solutions
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Engineering and Industrial Services
- Small and Medium Business
TCS is divided into Industry Solution Units (ISUs) that focus on existing client relationships and projects in the following industries:
- Banking & Financial Services
- Energy, Resources & Utilities
- Healthcare & Lifesciences
- High Tech
- Media & Information Services
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality
- 99% of 2011 revenues came from repeat customer business
- FY 2011 Global Top 10 Rankings (IT Services)
- Ranked #9 in Revenue
- Ranked #5 in Net Income
- Ranked #4 in Market Cap
- Ranked #4 in Number of Employees
- Ranked the 7th greenest company in the world according to Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2011 Global 500 List
- TCS was recognized as “Big Four” IT Services brand by Brand Finance in 2012. In addition, TCS is the highest ranked Asia-based company and second highest ranked globally in the Information Technology & Services company category
- Awarded the 2010 Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Individual Operating Unit Award – recognizing operating units that are global leaders at transforming enterprise knowledge into wealth-creating ideas, products and solutions.
- Recipient of the 2009 SAP Pinnacle Award in the “Global Partner Service Innovator” Category – this award recognizes SAP partners that have excelled in enhancing the customer experience, addressing critical issues such as accelerating co-innovation and improving return on investment.
- Winner of the Golden Peacock Award 2010 in the ‘large business’ category – this award recognizes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Future of our Company
- Continued double-digit growth annually
- Expansion into emerging markets
- Focus on hiring local, diverse talent
- On-going commitment to Corporate Social Responsibilities
- McKinsey & Company
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Deloitte LLP
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- IBM Global Technology Services
- Oracle Consulting
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- HP Services
- Bearing Point, Inc Management & Technology Consultants
- Infosys Consulting, Inc
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc
- Diamond Management & Technology Consultants, Inc
- Perot Systems
- Wipro, Ltd
- Fujitsu Consulting
Dress Code: Business Casual, jeans are permitted on Friday
Travel is not mandatory for this position. However, an interest and willingness to travel and/or relocate could present a variety of new and challenging career opportunities.
TCS is focused on continuing to hire a diverse local workforce. Currently, our employees represent 118 different nationalities around the globe and nearly 1/3 of our employees are women. We are committed to supporting diversity in the workplace and schedule training and other fun events throughout the year to support this initiative.
Joining the TCS team offers you an exclusive opportunity to start your career and master your software development skills by training in our advanced facilities at our Global Delivery Center (GDC) in Milford, Ohio..
The Initial Learning Program (ILP) is a fully-paid training program that includes a TCS orientation, Product Development Life Cycle training, Case Study Implementation and Project Integration courses, inter-cultural effectiveness workshops, and additional technical training specific to the needs of our client partners.
After completing the training program, Software Engineers join their onsite teams to work on pre-selected assignments with clients who offer a variety of medium- or large-sized projects. With clients located across the US and globe, TCS can offer great flexibility in relocation, excellent career advancement, and a variety of opportunities. TCS’ mentoring, career development, and on-the-job training ensure a smooth transition into your professional life and orient you to our culture, values, vision, and mission.
Tuition Reimbursement: No
TCS does support continual learning by providing employees with on-site training and certifications throughout their tenure. Additionally, TCS will support off-site trainings or courses for individuals or a team with manager approval. Finally, TCS employees also have access to a plethora of reference materials to enhance their knowledge base and help navigate them through projects.
Working Hours and Vacation:
Standard working days/hours for TCS employees follows a 40 hour/week, Monday-Friday schedule. Hours per week can vary depending on the project that the employee is working on.
TCS observes 10 holidays per year apart from the vacation time that employees are rewarded.
Career Track and Advancement:
College graduates who join TCS as software can work on a variety of projects that may include:
- Software Development and Maintenance
- Mobile Applications
- Enterprise Applications
- Front-End Development
- Business Intelligence
- Database Administration and Maintenance
TCS is committed to developing your career. While all employees follow a path the is unique to their interests, talent and performance an example of a potential career path could look something like this:
Software Engineer → Module Lead → Project Lead → Project Manager
April 26thTopic: Tata Consultancy Services - Open Chat
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Business & Commerce
- Computer Sciences
- Does not sponsor work authorization